Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Western European SVOD revenues will increase to $6.5 billion by 2022, up from $2.8 billion in 2016. SVOD [subscription video on-demand] became the region’s largest OTT revenue source in 2016 by overtaking AVOD. SVOD’s share of OTT revenues will continue to grow, according to the Western Europe OTT TV & Video Forecasts report.
OTT TV episode and movie revenues for 18 Western European countries will reach $14.65 billion in 2022; more than double the $6.90 billion recorded in 2016. Revenues are expected to climb by $1.69 billion in 2017 alone.
Digital TV Research forecasts 65.07 million SVOD subscribers by 2022, up from 33.96 million by end-2016. About 10.69 million subscribers were added in 2017.
Published in September 2017, this 148-page PDF and excel report combines the relevant countries from two of last year’s reports: Western Europe OTT TV & Video Forecasts and Western Europe SVOD Forecasts in one convenient place. Covering movies and TV episodes, the report covers 18 countries. The report comes in five parts:
• Executive summary and regional forecasts, with handy comparison tables to reveal the best growth prospects;
• Major SVOD platforms, including market share for each;
• Regional forecasts summary from 2010 to 2022 by platform, by household penetration, by SVOD subscribers and by OTT revenues for movies and TV episodes;
• Country profiles for 18 territories;
• Detailed country forecasts for 18 nations