Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Operators such as Orange, Telefónica and Telenor have launched banking initiatives in key countries because they believe there is an opportunity to capture market share from incumbent banks as consumers increasingly embrace digital banking. However, these operators also face strong competition from incumbent banks and emerging fintech start-ups that are aiming to provide innovative services through a digital-first, direct banking model.
This report provides:
- a discussion of the changes in the banking industry that are being driven by regulation and consumer behaviour, and the ways that operators' mobile financial services strategies are shifting to address those changes
- an analysis of recent operator mobile banking initiatives, including:
- Orange Bank (France)
- Telefónica O2's banking app (Germany)
- Telefónica Movistar Consumer Credit (Spain)
- Telenor Banka (Serbia)
- a discussion of the role that innovative features such as artificial intelligence (AI), bots and feature-rich mobile apps may have in helping operators to differentiate and capture market share from traditional retail banks
- an overview of the new mobile-centric banks that have emerged in Germany, the UK and the USA, and what operators can learn from them.