"France: Operator and Government Focus on Providing Ultra-Fast Speed Mobile and Fixed Broadband to Drive Market Growth" is a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in France today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The telecom service revenue in France is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 2.2% during 2016-2021, due to growth in the mobile data and fixed Internet segments. Mobile data and fixed Internet growth will be driven by the expansion of 4G services and proposed 5G rollout before 2020, and fixed infrastructure developments, respectively. Pay-TV revenue will witness a declining trend owing to the shift to lower ARPS IPTV. The overall telecom service market is dominated by Orange France and SFR, and the same is forecast to continue through 2021. Vendors and investors have an opportunity to benefit from the expansion of fixed Internet service as well as the anticipated rollout of 5G before 2020.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in France compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in France.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in France's telecommunications markets.
- The overall telecom service revenue in France will grow at a CAGR of 2.2% during 2016-2021, mainly driven by growth in the mobile data and fixed Internet segments.
- Mobile revenue will account for 54.6% of total telecom revenue in 2021; mobile data will witness a CAGR of 8.6% during 2016-2021.
- The top two operators, Orange France and SFR, accounted for 66.3% share of overall service revenue in 2016. We expect competition to intensify as operators are investing in 5G trials and fixed Internet developments.
- Operators are offering competitive entry-level plans as well as value-added services to sustain their market position.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of France's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in France's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in France's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in France.
La Poste Mobile
Top of Page