Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
The general term, AgriTech, represents the use of technology in agriculture, horticulture, and aquaculture for purposes of improving yield, efficiency, and profitability. The Internet of Things (IoT) in Agriculture (IoTAg) represents a more specific use of technology wherein agricultural planning and operations becomes connected in ways previously impossible if it were not for advances in sensors, communications, data analytics and other areas.
Connected agriculture is also realized through the increasing use of emerging observation and automation technologies such as the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) for detecting differences in heat signatures and use of robotics for planting, spraying, and harvesting. As various IoT technologies mature beyond the R&D phase and go into general production, costs for everything from drones/UAVs to sensors will continually decrease, making connected agriculture more accessible to smaller farms and third world countries.
This research assesses the technologies, companies, and solutions for IoT in agriculture. The report evaluates the overall marketplace and provides forecasts for sensors (and other devices), services, solutions, and data analytics globally, and regionally for the period 2017 to 2022. Forecasts include precision agriculture, indoor farming, livestock, and fisheries.
Forecasts cover IoT in Agriculture solutions globally and regionally including: Intelligent Farm Equipment, Smart Sensor Systems, Intelligent Drones, Smart Farm Robots, and Software. Within the Smart Sensor area, the report forecasts the following: Sensors for Detecting Physical Properties, Sensors for Chemical Analysis and Applications, Sensors for General Monitoring, Sensors for Quality, Sensors for Autonomous Agriculture, and Others. All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
- Detailed IoTAg forecasts 2017 – 2022
- Identify important IoTAg companies and solutions
- Understand IoTAg market challenges and opportunities
- Identify opportunities to leverage IoTAg data and analytics
- Understand the future of agriculture automation and operations
Select Report Findings:
- Farm management solutions will represent an attractive business opportunity through the study period
- The agriculture business will be controlled by companies that are not conventional experts of agriculture, such as farmers and traditional farm value chain, including farm equipment makers, seed suppliers, producers and suppliers of plant foods and chemicals and so along
- The shift in managing agricultural operations and farms will bring various benefits to farming, including enhanced crop quality and quantity, improved use of resources and farm equipment, real-time monitoring of farms, animals and machines, automated irrigation systems, fertilizer spraying and pest control
- Mind Commerce sees a shift from conventional agriculture to Farm Management Systems through 2022. With this shift, software developers and predictive data analytics companies will take over control of end-to-end agricultural operations
- Sensor providers
- AgriTech companies
- IoT service providers
- IoT network providers
- Semiconductor companies
- Embedded systems companies
Companies in Report:
- Cattle Watch
- Climate Corporation
- Deepfield Robotics (Bosch)
- FluxFarm Inc.
- John Deere
- Qualcomm Flight Platform
- Raven Industries