Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Internet of Things (IoT) Digital Twinning: Market Outlook for IoT enabled Physical to Virtual Mapping and Management 2017 - 2022
Digit Twinning refers to the mapping of the physical world to the digital world in which Internet of Things (IoT) Platforms and Software are leveraged to create a digital representation of physical object or asset. The Digital Twin of a physical object can provide data about the asset such as its physical state and disposition.
There are many potential use cases for Digital Twinning including monitoring, simulation, and remote control of physical assets with virtual objects. Solutions focus on Part, Product, Process, and System Twinning. Mind Commerce sees Digital Twinning playing a key role in many IoT Operations processes including IoT Application Development, Testing and Control. The implementation of Digital Twins will also enable distributed remote control of assets, which will place an increasingly heavy burden on IoT Identity Management, Authentication, and Authorization.
This research evaluates Digital Twinning technology, solutions, use cases, and leading company efforts in terms of R&D and early deployments. The report assesses the Digital Twinning product and service ecosystem including application development and operations. The report also analyzes technologies supporting and benefiting from Digital Twinning. The report also provides detailed forecasts covering Digital Twinning in many market segments and use cases including manufacturing simulations, predictive analytics, and more.
- Virtual Twinning forecasts 2017 – 2022
- Understand the different types of Digital Twinning
- Identify market challenges and opportunities for virtual twinning
- Understand the role of virtual twinning in development, simulations, and PLM
- Understand how virtual objects (software programs) function as an abstract of real-world things
- Understand how virtual reality will support Digital Twinning and vice versa for advanced simulations and control
Select Report Findings:
- Up to 85% of all IoT Platforms will contain some form of Digit Twinning capability by 2022
- Digital Twinning will become standard feature/functionality for IoT Application Enablement by 2021
- Over 90% of software players recognize the need for IoT APIs and Platform integration with Digital Twinning functionality
- Nearly 20% of executives across a broad spectrum of industry verticals understand the benefits of Digital Twinning and 75% of them plan to incorporate within their operations by 2020
- Network service providers
- Data analytics service providers
- IoT application and service providers
- Virtual and augmented reality companies
- Application developers and software OEMs
- Managed communications service providers
- Enterprise companies across all industry verticals