Emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP) mobile network operators (MNOs) must improve their 4G network performances cost-effectively as the number of LTE connections and revenue from data increase. One option to achieve this is to invest in 4×4 MIMO base stations, but the value of such an approach remains uncertain.
- assesses the business case for investing in 4×4 MIMO in EMAP
- considers the costs EMAP MNOs will incur from 4T4R (4 transmitters, 4 receivers) and 4×4 MIMO deployments
- discusses the challenges in supporting 4×4 MIMO in smartphones, including the availability of 4×4 MIMO-enabled devices
- assesses the ROI for EMAP MNOs that deploy 4T4R and 4×4 MIMO network equipment
- considers which types of EMAP MNOs are best suited to investing in 4T4R and 4×4 MIMO network equipment.
Challenges to the business case for 4×4 MIMO in emerging Asia–Pacific