Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Honduras: Upcoming 3G and 4G Spectrum Allocations to Attract New Player and Drive Mobile Competition
“Honduras: Upcoming 3G and 4G Spectrum Allocations to Attract New Player and Drive Mobile Competition“ a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Honduras today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
With an estimated revenue of $1.1bn in 2016, the telecom and pay-TV services market in Honduras is the 15th largest in Latin America and the second-smallest in Central America, just above Nicaragua.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Honduras compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Honduras.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Honduras’s telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Competition in the Honduran telecom and pay-TV market has been stable in the recent years. Around 75% of total telecoms revenue is concentrated in the hands of top two players: Tigo and Claro, both offering mobile/fixed voice, broadband and pay-TV services. Hondutel, which also operates in the fixed and mobile communications segments, ranks in a third distant position.
- Honduras continues to exhibit one of the lowest fixed-line penetration levels in the region. This can be mainly attributed to an historical lack of investment in network infrastructure, particularly outside the main cities.
- The lack of reliable fixed-line infrastructure outside large urban areas and the popularization of mobile communications services across the country have pushed many Hondurans to opt for mobile technology as their primary form of communication.
- The pay-TV market in reached a penetration rate of 18.7%, as of year-end 2016, one of the lowest Central America, indicating there is still quite a lot of room for growth in the market, particularly for those operators offering basic and entry pay-TV packages.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Honduras’s telecommunications and pay-TV markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Honduras’s mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Honduras’s telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Honduras.
Tigo Star Honduras