Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
"Oman: National Broadband Plan to Drive Expansion of Fiber Networks and Support Telecom Growth" a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Oman today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
In 2016, Oman generated estimated telecom service revenue of $1.9bn according to GlobalData. Revenue grew by 6.5% year-on-year, driven by fixed Internet and mobile data segments. GlobalData expects growth to improve over the forecast period (2016-2021) at a CAGR of 9.8%. The mobile data segment will be a key growth driver for the market, with its revenue growing at a CAGR of 24.9% over 2016-2021.
During the next five years, operators should focus on network investments and upgrades and seize opportunities arising from growth in the mobile data segment.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Oman compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Oman.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice and data from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Oman's telecommunication market.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Oman is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.8% during 2016-2021.
- Mobile revenue will account for 79.6% of total telecom revenue by the end of 2021, up from 76.5% in 2016.
- The potential entry of a third mobile operator and launch of 4G services by MVNOs will cause competition in the mobile market to further intensify.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Oman's telecommunications market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Oman's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Oman's telecommunication market.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Oman.
Renna and FRiENDi