Mobile network operators in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) hope that cellular data traffic growth will drive increases in their revenue. This report analyses traffic growth over the period until 2021 and the constraints on this growth.
This report provides:
- 5-year forecasts of wireless data traffic for SSA as a whole, and for selected countries
- worldwide context and specific country commentary for four key countries: Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa
- analysis of the key trends in, and drivers and inhibitors of, data traffic
- a discussion of the enablers of future capacity on wireless networks and the cost of supplying that capacity
- analysis of the trends in private and public usage, and their effect on the use of mobile and Wi-Fi connectivity.