Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Telecom API Market by Type of API (SMS, MMS, & RCS, WebRTC, Payment, M2M & IoT, Content Delivery, Location, ID/SSO & Subscriber), User Type (Enterprise, Partner, Internal, Long Tail), and Region - Global Forecast to 2021
“Increasing need for monetizing telecom carrier services is driving the smart education and learning market”
The telecom Application Programming Interface (API) market size is estimated to grow from USD 93.69 billion in 2016 to USD 231.86 billion by 2021, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 19.87%. Improving telecom API user experience, monetization of telecom operator services, rising demand for advanced telecom services over the internet, increasing adoption of M2M devices among end-users are some of the driving factors of the telecom API market. However, commercial gap in carrier product offerings and government policies and regulations pertaining to the telecommunications industry are some of the restraining factors that may hamper business critical functions in the telecom API market.
“The location API market is expected to be the fastest growing market in the telecom API market during the forecast period”
Location API is the fastest growing market that helps in driving the telecom API market during the forecast period. The booming interest in location-based services spanning the verticals is driving the growth of this segment.
“Enterprise developer user is expected to hold the largest market share in the telecom API market during the forecast period”
The enterprise developer user segment is expected to have the largest market share during the forecast period, because of rising demand for advanced telecom services over the internet. Besides enterprise developer, the partner developer user is expected to have the second largest market share in the telecom API market during the forecast period.
“APAC is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
With rising demand for advanced Internet of Things (IoT) in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region, APAC is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR in the telecom API market during the forecast period. North America is expected to hold the largest market share in the telecom API market during the forecast period. This is because of increase in use of smartphones and mobile applications.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with the key people. The breakup of profiles of primary participants is given below:
• By Company: Tier 1: 34%, Tier 2: 25%, and Tier 3: 41%
• By Designation: C level: 69%, Director level: 20%, and Others: 11%
• By Region: North America: 45%, Europe :20%, APAC: 20%, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America: 15%
The various key vendors profiled in the report are as follows:
1. Vodafone Group PLC
2. Twilio, Inc.
4. AT&T, Inc.
6. Apigee Corporation
7. Orange S.A.
8. Verizon Communications, Inc.
9. Xura, Inc.
10. Nexmo, Inc.
13. Tropo, Inc.
14. Aspect Software
The telecom API market has been segmented based on types of APIs, user types, and regions. A detailed analysis of the key industry players has been done to provide key insights into their business overview, products & services, key strategies, new product launches, partnerships, agreements, collaborations, expansions, and competitive landscape associated with the telecom API market.
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
• This report segments the telecom API market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and subsegments across different regions.
• The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
• This report will help stakeholders to better understand the competitors and gain more insights to improve their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitive ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.