Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
There is a long history of database infrastructure and services in the telecom and computing industries. Examples of database services include number portability, toll-free calling, calling name, ENUM, and many others. There is an emerging opportunity for Internet of Things (IoT) database infrastructure services to support inter-working and access to IoT related resources, most notably data associated with IoT events gathered from IoT Devices and sensors.
More specifically, there is an emerging need for a plethora of IoT DB Services including Identity Management, Device Management, Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA). Many of these database services will require an IoT Data Registry as well as IoT DB Transaction Services, which will be used by IoT network providers, enterprise, and governmental organizations. Each of these entities will need to rely upon many IoT APIs and a variety of signaling, communications, and database access technologies. While initial services will be provided in a silo-like fashion, ultimately IoT DB Services will be provided within a more uniform framework and on a cross-customer basis.
This research evaluates IoT Database Infrastructure and DB services technologies, strategies, and market opportunities. The report assesses market needs and solutions, providing a view of the future requirements for IoT Networks and Systems. This report also analyzes the telecom and computing database services industry as a whole, examining existing technologies, industry practices and procedures, and identifying what is anticipated to apply to IoT and what will not apply. The report includes detailed forecasts for IoT Database Infrastructure and DB Services from 2017 to 2022.
- IoT DB Infrastructure and Services forecasts 2017 – 2022
- Recognize the market opportunities for IoT DB infrastructure and services
- Identify IoT DB services necessary to support scalability, security, and monetization
- Understand current and future IoT network interoperability, messaging and DB services
- Identify functionality required to support inter-network, cross company and industry IoT data exchange
- Understand how certain existing telecom and computing technologies and DB infrastructure will apply to IoT
- Leading segment will be software and apps through 2022
- Initial IoT DB services will be a silo model and fragmented in nature
- Longer term, IoT DB services will be offered in “as a service” model
- There is a growing need for IoT Orchestration and Mediation services
- The IoT industry will leverage lessons learned from current DB services
- Datacenter operators will benefit from massive growth in IoT infrastructure
- Managed communications providers will benefit from value-added IoT data services
- IoT companies
- Network operators
- Datacenter companies
- Data services companies
- Integration services companies
- Managed communication service providers
- Telecom and computing infrastructure providers