Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Uruguay is the fourth most developed economy in Latin America, measured in terms of PPP-adjusted GDP per capita, just below Panama, Chile and Argentina. With an estimated revenue of $1.5bn, or 2.9% of GDP, the telecom and pay-TV services market in Uruguay is also one of the most developed in the region. The country has one of the highest 4G/LTE penetration rates in Latin America, which combined with a high FTTH adoption rate creates a fertile ground for the development of a wide range of digital services and applications in areas such as OTT and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions related to smart cities, smart metering, smart home and smart building.
Uruguay: High FTTH and LTE Penetration Levels to Drive Growing Demand for OTT and IoT Services' a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Uruguay today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Uruguay compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Uruguay.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Uruguay’s telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Uruguay’s high levels of development in the telecom segment are mostly explained by the implementation of ambitious digital development policies aimed at providing Internet access to most of its population.
- The distribution of telecom service revenue in the Uruguayan market has been quite stable over the past several years, and we expect it will remain relatively unchanged going forward. Antel, which holds a monopoly in several key market segments, is the largest player in the market in terms of revenue, distantly followed by mobile operators Movistar and Claro.
- We project that the country’s mobile subscriber base will expand at a CAGR of 1.6% during the 2016-2021 period, driven by M2M connections and the increasing adoption of mobile data services, particularly in less populated parts of the country, where the future rollout of 4G/LTE in the 700MHz band will have a greater impact.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Uruguay’s telecommunications and pay-TV markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Uruguay’s mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Uruguay’s telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Uruguay.