Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
In 2016, Vietnam will generate total telecom service revenue of $6.9bn (or 3.4% of its nominal GDP), a decrease of 0.7% over 2015. However, in local currency, it is expected to grow by 1.6% during the same period, owing to growth primarily in fixed broadband and mobile data revenue. Mobile data services will be the key revenue-contributing segment, accounting for 36.8% of total service revenue in 2016, due to increasing popularity of OTT services and rising smartphone adoption coupled with availability of attractive data plans. Operators will focus on 4G network expansion and fiber deployments to improve broadband infrastructure in the country.
"Vietnam: Mobile Data Growth to be Fueled by 4G Network Rollout and Expansion by Operators," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Vietnam today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Vietnam compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Vietnam.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice and data from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Vietnam's telecommunication market.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Vietnam is estimated to generate $6.9bn in 2016 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% during 2016-2021.
- The mobile segment will account for 78.5% of total telecom revenue in 2016.
- The Vietnam telecom market will be dominated by Viettel Vietnam and Mobifone. Viettel Vietnam will remain the largest player in the telecom market through 2021, owing to investments in 4G service rollout and expansion coupled with fixed infrastructure improvement.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Vietnam's telecommunication market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Vietnam's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Vietnam's telecommunication market.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Vietnam.
VTV and SPT