Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Today’s Internet of Things (IoT) deployments largely represent silo implementations of company-centric solutions. The future scalability of IoT will depend on communications between different suppliers, service providers, and users on a cross industry vertical basis. In order to support this future, there is a need for reliable identification of assets (platforms, gateways, devices, and data) in IoT.
There is a need for Identity of Things (IDoT) management solutions to support communications between otherwise disparate IoT systems and networks. These solutions will evolve to include critical support functionality such as IDoT verification, permissions management, and discovery that will be provided by a combination of premise-based and cloud-based infrastructure.
Closely associated with Thing Identity is Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) functions relied upon to verify Thing Identity and allow things to engage in various communications and actions. However, AAA requires the availability of reliable identity information associated with IoT network elements, devices, actors, and data.
Mind Commerce sees many opportunities and challenges ahead as IDoT is deployed. For example, there will be a need to deal with the inevitable “IoT Spoofing” that will occur as IoT applications and services scale to greater size and economic significance. However, we anticipate that leading companies will provide Directory, Registry, and Database Services to support necessary identity management, authorization, and other OSS functions.
This research evaluates the technologies, companies, solutions, and infrastructure to support IDoT. The report assesses the current state of digital identification management and looks towards the future needs of IDoT. The report includes details forecasts for IDoT globally, regionally, and by industry vertical and deployment model. All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
- Digital ID to play a Key Role in IoT Authentication and Security
- There will be a need to deal with the inevitable “IoT Spoofing” that will occur
- IoT Identity as a Service in the Cloud will constitute 47% of deployments by 2022
- There will be a sizable opportunity for database services in support of IoT ID management
- Efficient IDoT solutions will become imperative as IoT moves beyond silo company-centric operations
Select Report Benefits:
- Detailed IDoT forecasts through 2022
- Understand what Things must be identified and why
- Understand how Thing Identity relates to IoT Authentication
- Identify key physical and logical infrastructure for IoT ID management
- Understand the evolution and future needs for managing Thing Identity
- Learn the role and importance of AI in IoT Authentication and Authorization
- Understand the need for Thing Identity of networks, devices, actors, and data
- Network service providers
- IoT infrastructure providers
- Systems integration companies
- Identity management companies
- IoT platform and application developers
- Managed communication service providers
- Directory, Registry, and DB Services providers