Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Towards OTT video services?
This report analyses the video positioning of key telecom and cable operators through detailed profiles.
Besides the analysis of TV OTT video services, some additional focus is placed on innovative services launched and on key content partnerships established.
Among the key questions examined are: why operators are again interested in video? What is the split between content aggregators and content owners? What are the key objectives dedicated to video services? Will OTT video be the next big thing for operators?
We regroup identified trends in key player positioning to draft some essential objectives assigned to video services by operators.
Keeping in mind that Tier 1 and Tier 2 operators will not share the same resources and objectives, we finally draw up a tentative approach for operators to move more profoundly into OTT video.
• Skyrocketing OTT video usage is driving threats, and opportunities
• Content is king: telcos are climbing higher up the chain
• Content aggregation as a solution…
• … a step further, moving towards exclusive and/or original content
• Multiplay against churn
• Promoting fixed and mobile very high-speed broadband connectivity
• Is OTT video (everywhere) a growth engine?
• Strategic positioning on video for telcos
List of players
• Deutsche Telekom
• Liberty Glogal
• Telecom Italia