Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
IoT is one of the few areas of growth for telecoms operators – we forecast that there will be 1.3 billion traditional cellular and 3.5 billion low-power, wide-area (LPWA) connections worldwide by 2025. However, connectivity only represents a small share of the total opportunity available to telecoms operators and they are considering moving along the value chain. This report provides a suggested framework for operators assessing the opportunity, as well as recommendations on how to address it.
This report discusses:
- the roles operators should play in IoT
- the benefits of each of the different potential roles
- the types of connectivity operators should offer
- the effect of market developments on operators’ opportunities in IoT
- the market opportunity of each of the different roles.
Share of addressable market for each approach