Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
An Internet of Things (IoT) system is manifest in a complex array of devices, gateways, and network infrastructure (hardware, software, platforms, databases, etc.), to provide applications, services, data and analytics. IoT system capacity, flexibility, and extensibility will be greatly enhanced through virtualization. Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) is a telecom led initiative that aims to utilize standard IT virtualization technology to consolidate many telecom network equipment types onto industry standard high volume servers, switches and storage.
NFV plays the role of connecting and managing heterogeneous IoT elements in a more scalable, flexible, and secure manner. This need is especially the case for enterprise IoT as a typical large enterprise IoT architecture will consist of potentially hundreds of data centers, thousands of IoT gateways, and millions of IoT devices.
This research evaluates the market need and opportunities for NFV in IoT including the following:
- NFV, SDN, and Cloud functionality
- Use cases across industry verticals
- Leading NFV IoT vendor and solutions
- Emerging business models in NFV IoT services
- Global and Regional forecasts for NFV in IoT 2017 – 2022
All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
- Network operators
- IoT solution providers
- SDN solution providers
- Cloud-based service providers
- Virtualization solution providers
- Network infrastructure providers
- OSS/BSS and optimization companies