Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) Market by Ownership, Coverage, Equipment & Services, Vertical, User Facility, and Geography - Global Forecast to 2022
Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) Market by Ownership (Carrier, Neutral-Host, and Enterprise), Coverage (Indoor - Active DAS and Passive DAS, and Outdoor), Equipment & Services, Vertical, User Facility, and Geography - Global Forecast to 2022
“The distributed antenna systems market expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.74%”
The distributed antenna systems (DAS) market is expected to reach USD 10.78 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 6.74% between 2016 and 2022. The major factors contributing to the growth of the DAS market include the increase in mobile data traffic globally owing to the penetration of smart devices such as laptops, wearables, tablets, and smartphones among others. In addition, the consumers’ desire to stay connected every time is further creating an increased demand for continuous cellular connectivity thereby resulting in the adoption of DAS. However, the high costs associated with DAS may hinder the growth of this market. For instance, the cost of DAS network depends on various factors such as the frequency and the building type. The cost varies with the frequency range depending on the VHF, UHF, or 700-800 MHz public safety standards.
“The distributed antenna systems market for the neutral-host ownership model is expected to grow at the highest rate between 2016 and 2022”
The distributed antenna systems (DAS) market for neutral-host ownership model is expected to grow at the highest rate between 2016 and 2022. The major factors contributing to the growth of the neutral-host ownership model includes the widespread adoption of DAS solutions in various crowded areas such as sports stadiums, entertainment venues, and shopping malls among others. Moreover, the neutral-host ownership model offers multiple advantages where the funding is taken care by third-party system integrators. These system integrators in collaboration with multiple carriers form a consortium to install DAS. Moreover, the host company receives exclusive rights to the system and the end-user receives a multicarrier DAS.
“The distributed antenna systems market in Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at the fastest rate between 2016 and 2022”
The distributed antenna systems (DAS) market in the Americas held the largest share in 2015, however, the market in Asia-Pacific (APAC) is expected to exhibit the highest growth rate between 2016 and 2022. The major factor considered for the growth of the DAS market in the APAC region is the infrastructural growth in China and India. Moreover, the increasing deployment of 4G/LTE connections in the APAC region is further contributing to the growth of the DAS market. Therefore, infrastructural growth and deployment of 4G/LTE technologies present huge opportunities for the deployment of DAS networks.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted with key people in the distributed antenna systems (DAS) market. The break-up of profiles of primary participants is given below:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 25%, Tier 2 – 35%, and Tier 3 – 40%
• By Designation: C-Level Executives – 35%, Directors – 25%, Others – 40%
• By Region: North America – 44%, Europe – 22%, APAC – 17%, RoW – 17%
The prominent players profiled in this report are:
1. American Tower Corporation (U.S.)
2. AT&T, Inc. (U.S.)
3. Boingo Wireless, Inc. (U.S.)
4. Cobham Wireless (U.K.)
5. Comba Telecom Systems Holdings Ltd. (U.S.)
6. CommScope, Inc. (U.S.)
7. Corning, Inc. (U.S.)
8. Crown Castle International Corporation (U.S.)
9. Dali Wireless Inc. (Canada)
10. SOLiD, INC. (South Korea)
The distributed antenna systems market (DAS) is categorized on the basis of equipment and services, ownership, coverage, vertical, user facility, and geography. The services segment include pre-sale, installation, and post-sale service, while the ownership is further segmented into carrier, neutral-host, and enterprise models. Similarly, the vertical segment is categorized into commercial and public safety verticals, whereas coverage market includes indoor and outdoor DAS coverage.
The report would help the market leaders/new entrants in the DAS market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the DAS market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenues for the overall market and the subsegments across different verticals and regions.
2. The report would help stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provide them information on key market drivers, restraints, opportunities and challenges.
3. This report would help stakeholders to understand their competitors better and gain more insights to enhance their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions.