Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
A Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS) is an OS that manages hardware resources, hosts applications, and processes data on real-time basis. RTOS defines the real time task processing time, interrupt latency, and reliability of both hardware and applications, especially for low powered and memory constrained devices and networks. The key difference between RTOS and a general purpose OS lies within its high degree of reliability and consistency on timing between application’s task acceptance and completion.
RTOS is a critical component to build comprehensive embedded systems for Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for both consumer and industrial IoT (IIoT). Embedded RTOS is a key consideration to build mission critical, reliable IIoT applications across various industry verticals including industrial equipment, automotive, healthcare, telecommunications, government solutions, and more.
This research provides an in-depth assessment of the RTOS embedded IoT system market including following:
- Assessment of RTOS in IoT including hardware, software, and firmware
- Analysis of embedded RTOS programs to support low power network connectivity
- Evaluation of peripherals and tools to support processing of embedded systems in IoT
- Assessment of applications and industry verticals including benefits of RTOS over traditional OS
- Analysis of market segments and sub-segments with consideration towards emerging business models
- Evaluation of leading RTOS vendors, platforms, and solutions including both open source and proprietary
Forecasts included with this report address Market Segments, Sub-Segments, Application Sectors, and Business Models covering:
- Global and Regional RTOS Embedded IoT System market 2017 – 2022
- RTOS embedded connected IoT device shipment forecasts 2017 – 2022
- RTOS embedded component shipments by MCUs, MPUs, and MEMS 2017 – 2022
- Vendor market share of embedded RTOS software and RTOS embedded components
All purchases of Mind Commerce reports include time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
- Understand RTOS in IoT tech and solutions
- Embedded RTOS Revenue Forecasts 2017 - 2022
- Embedded RTOS Installed Device Forecast 2017 - 2022
- Understand the future of embedded RTOS in Internet of Things
- Identify leading embedded RTOS companies to leverage and support IoT
- Understand the impact of embedded RTOS on real-time IoT and sensor networks
- Internet of Things suppliers
- Wireless device manufacturers
- Telephony infrastructure providers
- Computer and semiconductor companies
- Embedded hardware, software and OS providers
- Mobile/wireless network operators and service providers
- Next generation application developers and content providers
Companies in Report:
- Amperex Technology Ltd.
- Atmel Corporation
- Blackberry Ltd.
- Blue Energy Co. Ltd.
- Broadcom Corporation
- Emerson Network Power
- Express Logic, Inc.
- Green Hills Software
- Infineon Technologies
- IXYS Corporation
- Johnson Controls Inc.
- Johnson Matthey
- LG Chem
- Lynx Software Technologies
- Mentor Graphics
- Microchip Technology
- Mitsubishi Electric
- National Instruments
- NXP Semiconductors
- OAR corporation
- Panasonic Corp.
- Segger Microcontroller Systems
- Silicon Labs
- Texas Instruments
- Toshiba Corp
- Unicoi Systems
- Wind River