Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Internet of Things (IoT) Platforms represents those systems (software, hardware, and middleware) that enable IoT network, device, application, and service management. This includes connectivity, device administration, identity management, permissions control, data management, APIs, SDKs, and more. IoT will also be a driver of substantial software development in infrastructure, platforms, devices, security, applications and services.
This research package includes forecasts for IoT Platform revenue and deployments globally and regionally for the 2016 to 2021 period. Forecasts also include a breakdown by Segment, Solution, Investment/Funding, Value Chain, and Connectivity. This research also identifies opportunities for software in IoT including OEM providers. Mind Commerce also evaluates the market opportunities and outlook for OEM channels and quantifies the markets and business for IoT software.
- Top Five IoT Platform providers account for 24% of global revenue
- IoT software revenue will reach $379B by 2021, 23% of total revenue
- IoT Platform security solution revenue is a $820B opportunity by 2021
- OEM IoT Software markets will grow to $329 billion with CAGR of 10.8%
- Global IoT platform enabled revenue is expected to reach $9.1T by 2021
- General purpose IoT Platforms will overtake purpose built platforms by 2020
- IoT Platform Providers
- OEM software developers
- Wireless Service Providers
- IoT Infrastructure Providers
- IoT service and app developers
- Big Data and Analytics Providers