Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
The Internet of Things (IoT) facilitates vast amounts of fast-moving data from sensors and devices. For many use cases, data flows constantly from the device or sensor to the network and sometimes back to the device. In some cases, these streams of data are simply stored (for potential later use) and in other cases there is a need for real-time data processing and analytics.
Distributed IoT, often referred to as Fog Computing, will become increasingly important for many wireless applications as a means of gaining greater efficiency. Applications will include both human-oriented services as well as those autonomous machine-to-machine instances associated with IoT. Retail and CRM across various industry verticals represents an early opportunity to realize ROI with streaming data. Inventory Optimization, Real-Time Marketing and Customer Engagement, and Demand Sensing and Yield Management are the leading segments.
This research evaluates the technologies, companies, and solutions for real-time IoT data processing and analytics. The report assesses challenges and opportunities associated with realizing business value from real-time analytics. The report provides detailed forecasts globally, regionally, and across industry verticals and solution categories for 2016 to 2021.
Select Report Findings:
- Streaming IoT Data Analytics Revenue in Manufacturing will reach $342M by 2021
- Global Streaming IoT Data Analytics Apps, Software, and Services Revenue will reach $1.8B by 2021
- Real-Time Marketing and Customer Engagement represents a fast growing IoT Data in Retail CRM category
- IoT Data Management companies are processing real-time data at the edge for leading apps, software, and services
- Network service providers
- Systems integration companies
- IoT and wireless device manufacturers
- Network and device security companies
- Data management and analytics companies