Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
G.Fast Chipset Market by Deployment Type (DPU and CPE), End User (Residential, and Enterprise/Commercial), Copper-Line Length (Lines Shorter Than 100 Meters, Lines Of 100 Meters–150 Meters, Lines Longer Than 250 Meters) - Global Forecast to 2022
“Increased competition among broadband service providers is driving the G.fast chipset market”
The G.fast chipset market is expected to reach USD 4,216.3 million by 2022 from USD 41.0 million in 2016, at a CAGR of 116.5% between 2016 and 2022. The growing market for fixed broadband has also led to increased competition among the fixed Internet services providers (ISPs). This in turn is expected to drive the G.fast chipset market during the forecast period. Moreover the entry of new players with innovative business models, such as Google’s gigabit fiber networks, has also forced conventional fixed broadband players to invest in newer and advanced broadband technologies such as G.fast. However, the limited application of gigabit rates among residential customers along with technical complexity in reverse power feeding (RPF) is expected to act as a hindrance for the G.fast chipset market growth during the forecast period.
“Growing demand for ultrafast broadband services is expected to drive G.fast chipset market”
The growth of 4K TV is expected to lead to significant demand for ultrafast broadband. It is estimated that there would be over 189 million new 4K users by 2021, compared to the 3 million in 2015. Moreover, the growing availability of ultra-high definition (UHD) contents, along with the growth in the numbers of UHD-compatible devices ownership within residential costomers is expected to boost the market for new and fast broadband technologies such as G.fast in the coming years.
“North America and Europe are the major markets for G.fast chipset market”
North America and Europe hold the largest share of the G.fast chipset market. Major Internet service providers in North America, such as AT&T (U.S.) and Verizon (U.S.) have a large number of DSL subscribers. Both of these service providers are testing G.fast technology to increase the broadband speed up to 1 Gbps with the use of existing copper infrastructure. The U.K. has an effective future plan for the deployment of G.fast technology. Other countries, such as Germany, France, and Switzerland have started their test and validation phase of G.fast technology. These countries are expected to witness a wide acceptance of G.fast technology from 2017 onwards.
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 55 %, Tier 2 – 20%, and Tier 3 – 25%
• By Designation: C-Level Executives – 50%, Directors – 25%, and Others – 25%
• By Region: North America – 60%, Europe – 20%, APAC – 10%, and RoW – 10%
The report profiles the key players in the G.fast chipset market with their respective ranking analysis. The prominent players profiled in this report are Broadcom Ltd. (U.S.), Sckipio Technology SI Ltd., (Israel), Metanoia Communication, Inc. (Taiwan), and Qualcomm, Inc. (U.S.).
The overall market for G.fast chipset has been segmented on the basis of copper-line length, deployment type, end user, and geography. Geography has been further segmented into country level.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report
The report will help leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the G.fast chipset market comprehensively and provides the closest market size projection for all segments across different regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with the information on key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for market growth.
3. This report would help stakeholders understand their competitors better and gain more insights to improve their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions.
4. Porter’s five forces framework has been utilized along with the value chain analysis to provide an in-depth insight into the G.fast technology market.