The shift from linear and broadcast video content to unicast and online, in conjunction with connected TVs, is driving strong growth in fixed network traffic worldwide. This report uses UK data traffic trends to predict consumer trends in other countries, analysing the drivers of fixed-line data traffic per household and assessing the implications in terms of operator strategies and consumer behaviour.
The report answers the following key questions.
- How much traffic will each household generate?
- Which devices will generate the most traffic?
- How will 4K affect data traffic and bandwidths?
- Are current connections capable of handling 4K video content?
- What are the implications for operators' pay-TV strategies?