Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Cloud Computing in Education Market by Service Model, Deployment Model, User Type and Region - Global Forecast to 2021
Cloud Computing in Education Market by Service Model (SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS), Deployment Model (Private Cloud, Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, and Community Cloud), User Type (K-12 and Higher Education) and Region - Global Forecast to 2021
“The rising trend of learning beyond classrooms is driving the growth of the cloud computing in education market”
MarketsandMarkets estimates the global cloud computing in education market to grow from USD 8.13 billion in 2016 to USD 25.36 billion by 2021, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 25.6%. The cloud computing in education market is growing rapidly as the institutions are more focused towards centralized system. However, factor such as security of data is the major restraint in the overall growth of the market.
“Public cloud deployment mode to have the largest market size in 2016”
Public cloud deployment type is estimated to have the largest market size in 2016 owing to increased deployment of web and mobile applications among different user groups. The growth in public cloud can also be attributed to the fact that it is a low cost and “pay-as-you-go” model. Other factors responsible for its largest market share include technology advancement, cost-flexibility, and easy deployment.
“Platform as a Service (PaaS) service model to have the highest growth rate during the forecast period”
PaaS applications do not require constant upgradation, which is the main reason for its higher adoption. The PaaS model is gaining traction in the education sector as it develops applications that can be shared by several users simultaneously. This segment is expected to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period because of its features like easy deployment, scalability, and highly reliability.
“Asia-Pacific (APAC) is expected to have the highest growth rate during the forecast period”
APAC includes emerging economies, such as India and China, which are rapidly deploying cloud computing in education services. This is mainly due to the competition among various institutes and adoption of cloud services by educational institutes for reducing management burden in the region.
In-depth interviews were conducted with CEOs, marketing directors, other innovation and technology directors, and executives from various key organizations operating in the cloud computing in education market place.
• By Company: Tier 1 – 55%, Tier 2 – 20%, and Tier 3 – 25%
• By Designation: C-level – 60%, Director-level – 25%, and others – 15%
• By Region: North America – 10%, Europe – 20%, Asia-Pacific - 40%, and ROW – 30%
The report includes the study of key players offering education cloud services; Adobe System Inc. (U.S.), Cisco System Inc. (U.S.), IBM Corporation (U.S.), VMware Inc. (U.S.), Microsoft Corporation (U.S.), NEC Corporation (U.S.), NetApp Inc. (U.S.), Amazon Web Services (U.S.), and Ellucian (U.S.) are some of the companies profiled in the report.
The report includes in-depth competitive analysis of these key players in the cloud computing in education market, with their company profiles, SWOT analysis, recent developments, and key market strategies. The research report segments the cloud computing in education market by service model, deployment model, user type, and region.
Reasons to buy the Report
The global cloud computing in education market has been segmented on the basis of service models, deployment models, user types, and regions. The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the cloud computing in education market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the sub segments across the end-users and regions.
2. The report helps the stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help the stakeholders to better understand the competitors and gain more insights to better their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.