Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Public safety networks are receiving more attention and priority in the United States as the country deals with ever increasing threats from terrorism and natural disasters. Historically, Land Mobile Radio (LMR) solutions have been used by emergency first responder organizations such as police, fire, and ambulance services. Standardization for use of the Long Term Evolution (LTE) 4G standard by 3GPP promises many improvements to capacity, interoperability, and new advanced features such as proximity services (Direct Mode) and Group Call.
Public Safety LTE Market Analysis and Forecasts 2016 – 2020 provides a detail assessment of the technology, market size, and key trends within the Public Safety LTE industry. All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
The report covers the following topics:
- Global Spectrum Allocation for Public Safety LTE: A global assessment of spectrum allocation and funding for Public Safety LTE deployments, based on input from regional regulatory authorities.
- Global Public Safety LTE Market Size, Contracts & Trials: A global review of the worldwide Public Safety LTE market including assessment of revenue share by market segment (infrastructure sales, services, user device sales, etc), and a review of global contracts and trial engagements.
- RAN Sharing and Roaming: The term "RAN sharing" refers to sharing of actual eNodeBs. As part of this arrangement, each operator accesses the shared RAN with its own EPC. Vendors are also considering the implementation of Inter-PLMN handover (as opposed to roaming) and then for LTE Commercial carriers to deploy Policies for Service Level Agreements that include Priority Access (Access Class Barring, Preemption and ARP) and QoS/ QCI assignment for default and dedicated bearers. The report assesses in detail how many of vendors and commercial carriers will support RAN sharing, roaming and inter-PLMN handovers which will be key factors towards the adoption of commercial LTE RANs for Public Safety applications.
- Global QoS Requirements for Public Safety LTE Communications: A detailed assessment of global requirements for Priority access and High QoS for Public Safety subscribers, for shared commercial LTE networks, while they roam on to Commercial Networks.
Public Safety LTE Devices and End User Applications: An assessment of device usability characteristics, Multi-Radio LTE/LMR interoperability technology, Software and Applications (VoLTE, PTT over LTE, IMS, IP).
- LTE-Advanced Support for Heterogeneous Commercial/LMR Networks: In-depth assessment of the LTE Advanced standard and technologies and spectrum planning for Fixed/Nomadic based Pico Cells/Femto Cells and mobile base stations (e.g. LTE Cell on Wheels (CoW)) and proximity based services such as Direct Mode Operation (DMO) in LMR systems, which have broad implications for the adoption of Public Safety LTE services.
LTE based Public Safety Tactical Systems and Military Applications: Detailed market assessment of LTE based Public Safety Tactical Systems such as CoW, Cell over Light Trucks (COLTs) and Military Applications for LTE.
- System Integrators
- Public Safety Agencies
- LMR Radio Manufacturers
- Cellular Network Operators
- Smartphone Manufacturers
- Public Safety Network Operators
- LMR Infrastructure Manufacturers
- Public Safety Application Developers
- Mobile Computing Equipment Manufacturers
- Cellular Network Infrastructure Manufacturers