Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Wireless Tower Market in Middle East and Africa: Increasing Mobile Data Demand and Reduction of Capex by MNOs to Provide Opportunities for TowerCos
• Tower infrastructure occupies a significant proportion of network operators’ capital and operating expenditure, and in a move to drive down costs and focus on densification, launch LTE/LTE-A, develop innovative products and create customer loyalty, the concept of independent tower companies has emerged in the Middle East and Africa in recent years.
• Escalating mobile data demand, the deployment of LTE technology along with 3G network expansion is increasing pressure on network operators’ existing wireless infrastructure, creating the need for additional tower sites. Moreover, with low opportunity in mature urban markets, operators are accelerating expansion into rural areas creating greater need for cell sites and presenting opportunities for specialized tower companies.
• Although the potential for tower companies in the Middle East and Africa is high, the region is challenged with significant hurdles such as political instability, lack of licensing regimes, rising fuel cost (Africa), erratic power supply, bureaucratic issues, low economies of scale in rural expansion and the emergence of small cell technology, among others. The strength of these forces varies from country to country.
Reasons To Buy
- The report examines the wireless tower market in the Middle East and Africa. It provides analysis of the tower market structure and the drivers and inhibitors influencing the region.
- Helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the Middle East and Africa region’s growing wireless tower opportunities, regulatory frameworks, and competitive environments.
- The case studies focus on the current tower market situations along with drivers and inhibitors of three tower markets in the region, including the strategies being pursued by them to drive their business, which can be beneficial to local players or prospective market entrants.
- By understanding the interests and positions of the main stakeholders in the wireless tower market – independent tower companies, MNOs, regulators,– telecom professionals/operators can develop strategies and increase their participation in the growing tower market.
List of Companies
- Bharti Airtel
- Zain Group, MTC
- Telkom Kenya
- Tigo, Zantel
- IHS Towers
- American Towers
- Helios Towers Tanzania (HTT)