Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
- The telecommunication market in Iran generated $6.5bn in service revenue in 2015 and will grow at a CAGR of 0.4% during 2015-2020. Mobile data and fixed Internet will be the fastest-growing segments over the forecast period. To offset decline in voice services, operators are focusing on improving network infrastructure to increase broadband penetration in the country and exploring new revenue streams such as M2M/IoT. Following the lifting of international sanctions, operators and the government are increasing their investments in 3G, 4G and fiber network expansions.
• The overall telecom service revenue in Iran declined 1.6% year-over-year to $6.5bn in 2015.
• From 2015 to 2020, the telecommunications market in Iran will see service revenue CAGR of 0.4%, driven by fixed Internet and mobile data revenue.
• Mobile revenue will account for a greater proportion of total telecommunications revenue in 2020.
• The Iranian telecom market will be dominated by TCI as the leading mobile and fixed-line operator followed by MTN Irancell. Intense competition in the market will require operators to invest heavily in network infrastructure, which could enable them to venture into services beyond connectivity such as IoT/M2M.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Iran, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Iran’s mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customers’ demand
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Iran
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Iran.
List of Companies
- MTN Irancell