Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
The overall telecom service revenue in Indonesia is estimated to increase by 8.2% over 2014 to reach $10.9bn in 2015. · From 2015 to 2020, the Indonesian telecommunications market will see service revenue grow at a 1.3% CAGR, boosted by mobile and fixed data and pay-TV segments.
Mobile revenue will account for 82.9% of the total telecom market in 2020. Mobile data will remain an important driver of this trend, as it will expand at a 5% CAGR from 2015 to 2020.
We expect the contribution of Internet access to fixed services revenue will increase from 39.4% in 2015 to 43.8% in 2020.
PT Telkom leads in both fixed and mobile segments. In the mobile segment, it faces significant competition from Indosat and XL Axiata and other smaller players, such as MKM and LinkNet.
“Indonesia: Government Initiatives and Operator Investment to Drive Fixed and Mobile Data Growth” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Indonesia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Indonesian telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research’s databases. The Country Intelligence
Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
• Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Indonesia compared with other countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
• Economic, demographic and political context in Indonesia.
• The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plan, SIM registration, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
• A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV.
• Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
• The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
• In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
• Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Indonesia’s telecommunications market.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Indonesia, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Indonesian mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer’s demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Indonesia.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Indonesia.
List of Companies
- PT Telkom
- XL Axiata