Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Towards Software-Defined VideoThis report analyses the rollout of new IP-based video management and distribution solutions. This includes extensive company profiles which describe the positioning of leading players coming from the TV industry, telecom and IT equipment suppliers, Internet giants and start-ups.
It catalogues in detail the major trends in the market including concentration and vertical integration, trade-offs and greater softwarisation of solutions.
Among the key questions examined are how far will the use of IP-based solutions grow in the future? Will the concept of software-defined video develop on a large scale and, going a step further, will virtualisation be the next big thing in the market?
Finally, it is anticipated that the market of OTT professional video distribution will grow by close to 25% per year up to 2020. Given, though, the tensions on unit prices, increasing internalisation and competition, the growth in value will be lower than in volumes.
List of players
• Appear TV
• Harmonic / Thomson Video Networks
• Imagine Communications
• Nokia / Alcatel-Lucent
A more personal video experience, i.e. the game changer
• More personal video consumption leads to new distribution solutions
• What the industry says
• A new video distribution chain
Positioning of IP-video solution providers
• Migration to IP solutions is attracting players from many backgrounds
• Partnerships are still key to creating an ecosystem of solutions
• A consolidation in the market, with several objectives
Towards IP and software-defined video
• More IP and software based solutions on the roadmap
• Trade-offs between technology integration and externalisation
• We anticipate market of distribution of professional OTT video traffic to grow by 25% per year up to 2020…