Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
A Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS) is an OS that manages hardware resources, hosts applications, and processes data on real-time basis. RTOS defines the real time task processing time, interrupt latency, and reliability of both hardware and applications, especially for low powered and memory constrained devices and networks. The key difference between RTOS and a general purpose OS lies within its high degree of reliability and consistency on timing between application’s task acceptance and completion.
RTOS is a critical component to build comprehensive embedded systems for Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for both consumer and industrial IoT (IIoT). Embedded RTOS is a key consideration to build mission critical, reliable IIoT applications across various industry verticals including industrial equipment, automotive, healthcare, telecommunications, government solutions, and more.
Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) for The Internet of Things (IoT) provides analysis of RTOS for IoT including hard vs. soft RTOS, embedded RTOS programs for rugged hardware, low power network and connectivity for RTOS, peripherals and tools to support processing of embedded systems in IoT, and leading RTOS platforms including both open source and proprietary. The report also provides forecasts for the 2016 – 2021 period for embedded RTOS revenue including rugged hardware, software, and microcontrollers. The forecasting includes a regional view for embedded RTOS revenue and the installed base of devices for the same period.
All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
- Internet of Things companies
- Wireless device manufacturers
- Wearable technology suppliers
- Digital signal processor providers
- Telephony infrastructure providers
- Computer and semiconductor companies
- Embedded hardware, software and OS providers
- Mobile/wireless network operators and service providers
- Next generation application developers and content providers
- Consumer electronics merchandisers and application providers
- Understand RTOS in IoT
- Embedded RTOS Revenue Forecasts 2016 – 2021
- Embedded RTOS Installed Device Forecast 2016 – 2021
- Understand the future of embedded RTOS in Internet of Things
- Identify leading embedded RTOS companies to leverage and support IoT
- Understand the impact of embedded RTOS on real-time IoT and sensor networks
Companies in Report:
- Green Hill
- Mentor Graphics
- Texas Instruments
- Wind River