Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) is a concept developed by ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute) that aims to bring computational power into Mobile RAN (radio access network) to promote virtualization of software at the radio edge. MEC enables the edge of the network to run in an isolated environment from the rest of the network and creates access to local resources and data.
Fog Computing is a distributed computing infrastructure in which some application services are controlled at the network edge in a smart device and some application services are controlled in a remote data center (e.g. a centralized Cloud). In a Fog Computing environment, a considerable amount of processing may occur in a data hub on a smart mobile device or on the edge of the network in a smart router or other gateway device. This distributed approach is rising in popularity due to the Internet of Things (IoT) and the immense amount of data that sensors generate.
This research evaluates the technologies and solutions involved with distributed computing in a mobile/cellular and edge Cloud environment. The report assesses the future of edge computing for mobile/wireless and IoT. The report analyzes important architecture and service support issues such as security in distributed computing, real-time analytics, data management, and more. All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
- IoT service providers
- Networking providers
- SDN and virtualization vendors
- Wireless device manufacturers
- Mobile/wireless service providers
- Wireless/mobile infrastructure providers
- Software, application, and content providers
- RAN, Cloud Computing, and MEC R&D organizations
- Cloud and Cloudlet infrastructure and service providers
- Identify key technologies
- Understand edge computing
- Identify edge computing use cases
- Identify key edge computing issues
- Understand MEC vs. Fog Computing
- Understand MEC cellular integration