Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
The telecommunications market in Ghana generated revenue of $1.1bn in 2015. Overall services revenue will grow at a CAGR of 1.0% over the 2015-2020 period, mainly aided by the growth in the mobile data segment, which is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 14.7% over the forecast period. We expect mobile subscriptions in Ghana to grow at a CAGR of 7.0%, over 2015-2020. Going forward, operators should leverage opportunities existing in mobile broadband services, while vendors should position themselves to support operators' 3G and 4G network expansion plans to cater to the rising data demands by end users.
- The overall telecom services revenue in Ghana decreased by 12.6% over 2014 to reach $1.1bn in 2015.
- From 2015 to 2020, the telecom market in Ghana will see service revenue grow at a CAGR of 1.0%, boosted by the mobile data segment.
- Mobile revenue will account for 97.2% of the total telecom market in 2020. Mobile data will be an important driver of this trend, as it will expand at a CAGR of 14.7% between 2015 and 2020.
- We expect the contribution of Internet access to fixed services revenue will increase from 38.9% in 2015 to 55.2% in 2020.
- Ghana is one of the most competitive markets in West Africa with six mobile network operators, two fixed operators (Vodafone and Airtel) and various ISPs. MTN Ghana will continue to lead the telecom market despite increasing competition from other players.
“Ghana: Growth in Overall Revenue Expected Despite the High Concentration of Players in the Market” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Ghana today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Ghanaian telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Ghana compared with other countries in the Africa and Middle East region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Ghana.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Ghana's telecommunications market.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Ghana, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Ghana's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer's demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Ghana.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Ghana.