Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
With overall service revenue estimated at US$8.8bn in 2015, the UAE telecom market is one of the largest in AME, despite its relatively small population. The market is also one of the most developed, with considerable fiber and 4G network coverage. The relatively large market size in terms of revenue is in part due to high tariffs for services; for example, prices for mobile data services in the UAE are the highest in the Middle East. Despite a high mobile subscription population penetration rate of over 190% since 2013, over the next five years Pyramid Research expects UAE total market revenue to grow at a CAGR of 4.6%, to reach US$11.0bn in 2020. This will be largely driven by continued uptake in 4G services supporting mobile data revenue growth, and the continued uptake in FTTx broadband services within triple-play packages.
- In 2015, the UAE telecom market will generate estimated service revenue of US$8.8bn, 4.9% more than 2014. Mobile data will be the most important driver behind this trend, generating US$0.4bn more revenue in 2015 than in 2014, due to high smartphone subscription penetration and the continued uptake of 4G services.
- Pyramid Research expects overall service revenue to grow at a CAGR of 4.6% during 2015-20, aided by growth in mobile data, fixed broadband, and pay-TV.
- Over the next five years, operators should seize opportunities in mobile data, fixed broadband, and IPTV services for the consumer segment, and concentrate on expanding ICT services such as M2M/IoT for the enterprise segment. Vendors should support operators to optimize networks in the face of rapidly increasing data traffic, and provide support on developing 5G roadmaps.
?UAE: Launch of Fixed Network Sharing Will Boost Competition and Help FTTx Adoption? provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in UAE today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the telecom market of UAE, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- UAE in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in UAE.
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans and more.
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, data and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed, pay-TV and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice, data services and pay-TV; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in the telecommunications market in UAE.
- Provides an overview of the UAE telecoms market through a combination of quantitative and qualitative insights. The graphical information consists of more than 20 charts and tables derived from Pyramid Research's forecast products.
- Build profitable growth strategies by leveraging the analysis which includes an examination of current player strategies and the future trends of the UAE telecommunications market.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in UAE's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer demand.
- Gain insights on key telecom players in the market and their strategies to grow market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet customer requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in UAE. UAE telecom market size and growth prospects in a regional context, 2015E
Regulatory structure and policy
Major telecommunications policy issues
UAE communications market revenue , 2013-2020
Segment revenue CAGRs, 2015-2020
Segment revenues 2013-2020
Service revenue mix: voice, data and Video 2015, 2020
Service revenue mix: fixed and mobile, 2015, 2020
Service revenue by operator, 2015
Key telecom market players
Major telecommunications market players
Mobile subscriptions and penetration, 2013-2020
Key mobile market indicators, 2015
Mobile data revenue mix
Total ARPS, data percentage of total ARPS
Mobile market shares by subscriptions, 2013-2020
Subscriptions by Generation
Fixed-line penetration of population, 2013-2020
Key fixed market indicators, 2015E
Fixed voice revenue, 2013-2020
Internet revenue, 2013-2020
Fixed market shares by service
Access line by technology
Pay-TV subscriptions by technology
Opportunities in the UAE telecommunications market