Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
The Spanish telecom market revenue is expected to reach $23.4bn (?19.3bn) by the end of 2020 from $19.6bn (?18.4bn) in 2016. Going forward, Pyramid Research expects Spain telecom market revenue to return to growth in 2017 after several years of decline, driven by further customer migration to fixed and mobile next-generation networks (4G+ and FTTH), which will generate a significant growth of data traffic and will make ARPS more resilient. Further increase in pay-TV penetration will also drive up pay-TV revenue. Growth in the mobile segment will come from mobile broadband data services and from M2M, with mobile data services continuing to offer the largest revenue growth opportunity through 2020. Pyramid Research expects the number of access lines to decline by a further 4.5% in 2016-2020 as customers migrate from PSTN/ISDN to VoIP. Total broadband lines will increase through 2020 following the increase in the number of businesses while the broadband mix will see the migration of xDSL customers toward faster-speed FTTH/B and cable.
-Spain is the fifth largest telecom services market in the Western European region, with estimated revenue of $19.6bn (?18.4bn), or 1.7% of nominal GDP, in 2016. Pyramid Research expects telecom service revenue to reach $23.4bn (?19.3bn) (2.6% CAGR in local currency) as the increase in broadband lines and data traffic push up revenue.
-The revenue mix will continue to be dominated by mobile services due to growth in mobile data, which will be driven by increasing adoption of 4G services and on-going investments in LTE-A expansion by operators. Fixed and mobile data revenue will account for 58.2% of total revenue in 2020, up from 50.1% in 2016.
-The top three fixed, mobile and pay-TV operators, M
?Spain: Further Customer Migration to NGNs and Increasing Content Offerings Will Drive Up Revenue? provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Spain today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Spain's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Spain compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Spain.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Spain' telecommunications markets
-Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of Spain's telecommunications market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
-Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Spain's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customers' demand.
-Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the Spanish telecom market.
-Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
-Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Spain. Spain telecom market size and growth prospects in a regional context, 2015E
Regulatory structure and policy
Major telecommunications policy issues
Spain communications market revenue , 2013-2020, US$
Segment revenue CAGRs, 2015-2020, US$
Spain communications market revenue , 2013-2020, ?
Segment revenue CAGRs, 2015-2020, ?
Segment revenues 2013-2020
Service revenue mix: voice, data and video, 2015, 2020
Service revenue mix: fixed and mobile, 2015, 2020
Service revenue by operator, 2015
Key telecom market players
Major telecommunications market players
Mobile subscriptions and penetration, 2013-2020
Key mobile market indicators, 2015
Mobile data revenue mix, 2015, 2020
Total mobile ARPS; data percentage of total mobile ARPS, 2013-2020
Mobile market shares by subscriptions, 2013-2020
Mobile subscriptions by technology family, 2013-2020
Fixed-line penetration of population, 2013-2020
Key fixed market indicators, 2015
Fixed voice revenue, 2013-2020
Internet revenue, 2013-2020
Fixed market shares by service, 2015
Fixed access lines by technology, 2015, 2020
Pay-TV subscriptions by technology, 2013-2020
Opportunities in the Spanish telecommunications market