Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
The Connected Home ecosystem is rapidly expanding beyond merely Connected Entertainment (TV, Receiver, DVD Recorder, Media Player, Gaming Consoles) to include many areas such as Home and Office Equipment (Printer, VoIP Phone, etc.), Personal Consumer Electronics (Wireless IP Camera, Smartphone, Tablet, Portable Media Players, Navigation Devices, etc.), Energy Management (Temperature, Lighting, Heating and Air Conditioning), Safety, and Smart Consumer Appliances (Washing Machine, Refrigerator, etc.), and more. There is typically some type of Gateway device, such as a Wireless Broadband Router, which is relied upon for connectivity outside the home via the Internet. Various local area wireless technologies are employed for device-to-device and device to controller communications.
The Connected Homes marketplace has been slow, but steady, building a firm base of support towards a projected high growth trajectory starting in 2018. Major industry growth inhibitors, such as Gateway Interoperability, lack of true Device Plug-and-Play, and concerns over Privacy and Security (and lack of communication to end-users about policies, procedures, and data-safe devices/ systems), will be eradicated within two years. Mind Commerce continues to see expanding business opportunities for Cloud Service Providers and Big Data Analytics within the IoT in Connected Home ecosystem. Mind Commerce forecasts that the market for Connected Home will reach $133 billion by 2021 with a CAGR of 27.2%.
This research assesses the Connected Home ecosystem, including major industry players, and solutions. The role of IoT and supporting technologies is evaluated with analysis of current market inhibitors and solutions. The report provides market forecasts for major market segments, sub-segments, and regional expectations for the period 2016 through 2021. All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
- IoT vendors are working tirelessly to make solutions Plug-and-Play, Do It Yourself friendly
- The overall Connected Home market will reach $133 billion with a CAGR of 27.2% through 2021
- Security software and solutions, will grow to revenue of $4.7 billion with a CAGR of 36.3% by 2021
- From $45 billion in 2017, the market will leap to $75 billion in 2018, representing staggering 64% one year growth
- Cloud-based infrastructure, services, and APIs will be leveraged to deploy security solutions, Big Data and Analytics
- Market success factors include Gateway Interoperability, Device Plug-and-Play, and advances in Privacy and Security
- Telecom service providers
- Semiconductor manufacturers
- Embedded systems companies
- Systems integration companies
- Wireless device manufacturers
- Telecom and IT infrastructure suppliers
- IoT and Connected Home service providers
- IoT in Connected Home forecasts to 2021
- Identify leading applications and solutions
- Learn about IoT in Connected Home M&A activity
- Identify key business strategies for IoT in Connected Homes
- Understand relationship between IoT and Connected Homes
- Identify opportunities and needs for vendor collaboration in IoT
- Understand the IoT in Connected Homes ecosystem, players, and solutions
- Understand marketing strategies for Connected Home products and solutions
- Learn about use cases, benefits, and requirements for IoT in Connected Homes
Companies in Report:
- ALLSEEN Alliance
- Apple Inc.
- ARM Holdings
- Arrayent Inc.
- Blue Clover Devices
- British Gas
- Crestron Electronics Inc.
- Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA)
- Entropic MaxLinear
- Essence Group
- General Electric (GE)
- Hewlett-Packard (HP)
- Icontrol Network
- Industry Alliances for IoT solutions for Connected Home
- Jasper (Cisco)
- Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- LG Electronics
- Nest Labs. (Google)
- Oregan Networks Ltd.
- Proto Homes
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Samsung Electronics
- ZigBee Alliance
- Z-Wave Alliance