Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Since 2011, the VoIP market has changed drastically due to the introduction of highly innovative and effective mVoIP applications. Thanks to these, the global VoIP market has seen a radical increase in the number of subscriptions, especially since 2011 when various applications were commercially launched in the APAC region.
However, the drastic increase on the number of VoIP subscriptions brought by these mobile applications has not yet achieved sustainable revenue growth, as they lack credible monetisation models and are expected to face severe competition. Until now the mVoIP market has been in a race to the bottom in which the effectiveness of the market is measured in terms of active subscribers but not in terms of revenues.
However, mVoIP providers have been able to disrupt the global telecommunications market by providing not only free OTT services, but also platforms that create higher customer engagement and provide more diverse revenue opportunities than standard voice and SMS services.
Contrastingly, static VoIP operators have not seen such a dramatic change in their number of subscriptions. Instead static VoIP market size and revenues have been growing at stable and healthy rates. But more importantly, this submarket is responsible for more than 96% of global VoIP revenues and these are expected to grow steadily in the next five years.
Due to the current disruption that telcos face all around the world, Visiongain expects incumbent operators to struggle at competing directly with OTT providers. This can be witnessed in the way telcos are applying pressure to create regulatory changes against OTT providers. One of these battles is being fiercely fought in the US as ISPs look to create a two tier internet whilst internet companies fight back against this anti-competitive initiative. On the contrary, more forward looking telcos will understand the importance of embracing OTT providers and cooperating with the disruptors, in order to improve their service offerings and stop the erosion of ARPU. Others, especially those operators in the most developed markets will compete directly by offering VoLTE as the only way to increase ARPU and restore their lost market share from OTT providers.
Overall, the global VoIP market is far from reaching maturity as in reality there are only 10 countries in the world which could be characterised as mature VoIP markets.
This updated report presents a more up-to-date analysis of the fastest growing VoIP markets and segments based upon the latest information and expected changes on the global market, the most recent changes in regulations and the largest opportunities for VoIP providers in different industries.
Why you should buy Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Market Forecast 2014-2019: Prospects for Mobile (mVoIP) vs. Static VoIP
What is the future of the VoIP market? Visiongain’s comprehensive analysis contains highly quantitative content delivering solid conclusions benefiting your analysis and illustrates new opportunities and potential revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.
How this 163 page report delivers:
• View global VoIP market forecasts and analysis from 2014-2019 to keep your knowledge ahead of your competition and ensure you exploit key business opportunities
- The report provides detailed subscriptions projections in the market, the competitors, and the commercial drivers and restraints allowing you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition to market forecasts from 2014-2019, our new study shows current market revenues, global connections, latest technological changes, original critical analysis, and revealing insight into commercial developments.
• Our report provides 112 tables, charts, and figures.
- Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of the current and future VoIP market prospects. This analysis will achieve quicker, easier understanding. Also you will gain from our analyst’s industry expertise allowing you to demonstrate your authority and understanding on the VoIP sector.
• Discover subscriptions forecasts for the largest static VoIP regional markets from 2014-2019
- What are the secrets of the VoIP industry's progress? How will these markets expand? Which regions will generate the most revenue? Use our forecasts and expert insight with 56 Charts and 16 tables dedicated at giving you a clear picture of the VoIP market, giving you more industry influence and the opportunity to grow your business. Find where you can gain and how your organisation can succeed. Avoid falling behind. Stay informed about the potential for each of these static VoIP regional markets with individual forecasts and analysis from 2014-2019.
- European static VoIP subscriptions and revenue Forecast 2014-2019.
- Asia Pacific static VoIP subscriptions and revenue Forecast 2014-2019.
- North American static VoIP subscriptions and revenue Forecast 2014-2019.
- Latin American static VoIP subscriptions and revenue Forecast 2014-2019.
- Middle East & African static VoIP subscriptions and revenue Forecast 2014-2019.
• Global Analysis of the most important mVoIP providers, their revenues, subscriptions and competitive advantages.
• Find out about the VoIP market dynamics & opportunities
- Understand industry activity with detailed data revealing where companies are getting the largest number or subscriptions and revenues.
- You will be able to examine detailed account of regional drivers and constraints underpinning regional forecasts.
• Explore the factors affecting product developers, and everyone within the value chain. Learn about the forces influencing market dynamics.
- Explore the economic, social, technological and regulatory issues assessing VoIP advances.
- Discover what the present and future outlook for business will be. Learn about the following business critical issues -
- mVoIP subscriptions and revenue growth
- Regulatory constraints
- Supply and demand dynamics
- Competition from telcos
- Increasing changes on the telecoms sector
- Different types of VoIP providers
- Advances in technological developments
- Analysis of barriers to entry
- Forecast of the expected number of connected devices
- Impact of OTT providers on the telecoms industry
- Increased competition in the Telecoms market
- Different Telcos strategies against OTT providers
- The importance of Net Neutrality
- VoLTE and its costs and benefits for the telecoms industry
• Identify who the leading companies are in the VoIP industry
- Our report reveals the companies which hold the greatest potential. In particular, exploring and analyzing the activities of these companies: See where the expected gains will be. View visiongain’s assessment of the prospects for established competitors, rising companies, and new market entrants. Our work explains that potential, helping you stay ahead. Gain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape with profiles of 11 leading static VoIP and 5 mVoIP companies examining their positioning, capabilities, product portfolios, R&D activity, services, focus, strategies and future outlook.
- SPIRIT DSP
- WeChat (Weixin)
- Line Corporation
• Market share % is provided for the leading 4 mVoIP companies
Discover Information found nowhere else in this independent assessment of the global VoIP market
The Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Market Forecast 2014-2019: Prospects for Mobile (mVoIP) vs. Static VoIP provides impartial VoIP sector analysis. With the independent business intelligence found only in our work, you will discover where the prospects are for profit and growth. In particular, our new research provides you with key strategic advantages: Our informed forecasts, independent and objective analysis and revealing company profiles will provide you with that necessary edge, allowing you to gain ground over your competitors.
Cablevision - Mexico
Dansk Kabel TV
Everything Everywhere Limited (EE)
GET (formerly UPC Norway)
Hong Kong Broadband Network (HKBN)
KDDI (AU One Net)
Korea Cable Telecom
KT (Korea Telecom)
Telefonica Czech Republic
Telenor - Denmark
Telenor - Sweden
Time Warner Cable
UPC - Puerto Rico
UPC - Slovakia
UPC Czech Republic
Wireless PHONEJack WPJ
Government Agencies and Other Organisations Mentioned in This Report
3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP)
Bahrain’s Minister of State
Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
International Monetary Fund (IMF)
International Telecommunications Union (ITU)
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRA)
The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) (China)
Telecommunications Regulation Authority (TRA) (United Arab Emirates)
The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) (China)