Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
'Paraguay: LTE Deployments and Nationwide Fiber-Optic Backbone Rollout Will Boost Data Consumption,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Paraguay's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Paraguay market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- Paraguay's telecom and pay-TV markets generated a combined $1.30bn in service revenue in 2013, and Pyramid Research estimates that they will produce $1.35bn in 2014, up 4.0% year on year. The mobile voice and data segments alone accounted for 71.0% of total revenue in 2013, while the fixed voice (circuit-switched and VoIP) and Internet segments contributed a combined 21.5%. We expect the overall market to grow at a 4.3% CAGR from 2014 to 2019, reaching a total size of $1.67bn in 2019.
- We expect mobile service revenue in Paraguay to grow at a CAGR of 3.3%, from $928m in 2014 to $1.1bn in 2019. Data revenue will climb from 37% of the total in 2014 to 45% in 2019.
- The Paraguayan fixed market is one of the least developed in the region. Low levels of penetration can be attributed primarily to the lack of competition in the fixed market.
- As part of Paraguay's National Telecommunications Plan for 2011-2015, the government, through Conatel, is currently supporting the deployment of a nationwide fiber-optic backbone, which will help improve and expand fixed-line infrastructure across the country, particularly in underserved areas.
- The Paraguayan government is currently working on a new draft bill to reform the country's existing telecom law, which dates back to 1995. Paraguay's telecom regulator, Conatel, is also to award spectrum in the 1700-2100MHz (AWS), 2600MHz and 700MHz bands in 2014, which will allow existing mobile operators to launch or expand their respective LTE networks in the country.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Paraguay today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Paraguay's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Paraguay's telecommunications and pay-TV markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Paraguay's mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Paraguay's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Paraguay.