Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Spending on OSS/BSS accounted for 50% of IT spending worldwide in 2012. It amounted to USD63 billion in 2012, up by 3% in comparison with 2011.
USD127 billion was spent worldwide on telecoms IT in 2012. This spending represented an average of 6.4% of overall telecoms revenue of more than USD2 trillion. This report analyses operators' IT spending worldwide by software type, identifying year-on-year trends and differences between geographical markets. We show where operators allocate budgets for IT spending within their organisations and identify the key reasons for ongoing investments
This report and accompanying data annex provide:
- an analysis of IT spending in 2012 for the 125 largest CSPs worldwide by revenue, split by:
- telecoms application (revenue management, service delivery platforms and apps, network management systems, customer care, service fulfilment, service assurance, and generic applications and systems)
- spending type (products, product-related services, professional services, internal IT staff, IT systems for telecoms, and generic applications and systems)
- CSP type
- region (Asia–Pacific; Latin America; Europe, the Middle East and Africa; and North America)
- details of Analysys Mason's IT spend benchmarking service, which could include comparisons of, for example, operators' IT spending per application within a region, by operator type worldwide, or by telecoms service.