Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Kable's forecast takes into account the renegotiation of existing contracts on more onerous terms and over longer periods, extensions to refresh cycles and delays or cancellations to investments, all factors which will have a negative overall impact on demand for ICT equipment.
Introduction and Landscape
Our detailed spend forecast for UK police forces, quantifying the impacts of funding cuts, significant structural change to the police service and central and regional ICT initiatives, as well as detailing the dynamics and structure of an £847m market.
Key Features and Benefits
Kable covers the use of ICT in the public sector across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Key Market Issues
- Gain insight into the overview of UK police forces, including key police bodies.
- Gain insight into the key challenges and pressures facing UK police forces.
- Gain insight into police ICT trends.
- Gain insight into UK police ICT expenditure and forecasting.
- Kable estimates the overall police ICT market at £846.65m in 2011/12, falling to £831.38m in 2012/13, a decrease of 1.8%. It is then forecast to decrease during each of the subsequent four years. Expenditure during 2016/17 will amount to £804.34m, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -1.0% over the period of the forecast.
- Of particular importance is October 2010's Spending Review (SR10), which included a reduction in police resource funding of 14% in real terms by 2014/15. SR10 outlined cuts to the police budget of 8% in 2012/13, 6% in 2013/14 and 4% in each of the following two years.