Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Mobile Biometric Security Market Forecasts is a 66 page report that provides detailed regional and global market forecasts for the mobile biometric security sector. It covers the six-year period from 2013 through to 2018 and analyses the key market drivers for this industry.
The report details that fingerprint sensors will become standard in most high-end smart mobile devices by 2015 and become common in all mobile devices shipped during 2018.
“Biometrics on mobile devices is not a new concept; the first commercial device to embed a fingerprint sensor was launched back in 1999. What we have now, and what has changed in the last 18 months, is a much more favourable environment in which biometrics on mobile devices will flourish” said Alan Goode, author of the report and founder of Goode Intelligence.
“Apple’s decision to launch its latest flagship iPhone, the iPhone 5S with an embedded touch fingerprint sensor, was a pivotal moment for the biometrics industry and will accelerate the Consumerisation of Biometrics trend.
“We believe that there will be a rush by consumer smart mobile device (SMD) manufacturers to emulate Apple by embedding and integrating biometrics technology into their next generation devices – not just fingerprint sensors but other biometric technology as well.
“This will become even more important in the post-smartphone world when wearable technology and smart cars/houses/cities will offer us a much more personal computing experience – in this world biometrics may well hold the key for identity and user interaction.”
- Detailed regional and global market forecasts for the mobile biometric security sector
- Market forecasts for mobile phone subscribers and smartphone/tablet sales
- Insight and analysis into the current landscape detailing why the Apple iPhone 5S Touch ID fingerprint solution is a "game changer"
- Quotes from key stakeholders in the mobile biometrics industry
- Authored by a leading industry expert who has covered mobile security and biometrics since 2007
Six-year forecasts from 2013-2018 including:
- Mobile phone subscribers (regional and global)
- Smart Mobile Device (SMD) shipments (regional and global covering smart phones, phablets and tablets)
- Mobile biometric security users by technology:
- Mobile biometric security users combined (total)
- Mobile biometric security revenue opportunities by technology:
- Mobile biometric security revenue combined (total)