Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Driving Super-fast Connectivity in the 4G/LTE Era
Formerly treated as a luxury in developed nations, mobile broadband speeds are quickly becoming a global norm. Ubiquitous high-speed connectivity is being engendered by network operators and national governments alike. Networks are making their foray into fibre backbones, which will facilitate the installation of LTE small cells and push heterogeneous networks forward. Visiongain has calculated that global mobile broadband revenue will reach $231 billion in 2013.
Emerging markets will play a central role in mobile broadband market expansion. Whereas developed mobile markets such as those of Japan, Sweden, and Korea are reaching saturation, China, India, Indonesia, and the like are becoming hotbeds for smartphone proliferation. Many of these have lower smartphone penetration rates, rising per capita income, and a strong tendency towards FMS, trends that indicate a prosperous, fast-growing immediate future for mobile broadband.
Dominated by HSPA, the mobile broadband market is set to grow hand-in-hand with fixed broadband, LBS, IPTV, automotive connectivity, and mobile VoIP. Strong and diverse offerings from OEMs, rapid 3G/4G deployment tables from operators, and increasing receptiveness from regulators all point to a surging mobile broadband ecosystem that is prepared to keep pace with expanding consumer demand.
What makes this report unique?
An array of primary and secondary sources has informed the findings of our report. These findings have been placed in global and regional context, highlighting market trends and strategic opportunities in each. The report identifies and examines key players in a market poised for substantial growth. Our forecasts are informed by the performance of parallel markets and leading vendors, including exclusive interviews with experts in the mobile broadband field. All these findings are presented in a thorough, straightforward manner.
Why you should buy The Global Mobile Broadband Market 2013-2018: Driving Super-fast Connectivity in the 4G/LTE Era
• 145 pages of comprehensive analysis
• 89 tables, charts, and figures
• Exclusive expert interviews informing the analysis from:
- Qualcomm, a market-leading vendor in mobile broadband component technology;
- 4G Americas, a wireless sector association that promotes, facilitates, and advocates for the deployment of the 3GPP family of mobile broadband technologies in the Americas.
• Global mobile broadband market revenue forecasts between 2013-2018
• Global mobile broadband subscriptions forecasts between 2013-2018
• Forecasting and comparison of global mobile broadband subscription volumes in developed and emerging markets from 2013-2018.
• Forecasting of mobile broadband revenue and shipment volumes in 5 regional markets from 2013-2018:
- North America
- Latin America
- The Middle East and North Africa
• Forecasting of mobile broadband revenue and shipment volumes in 13 leading national markets from 2013-2018
- The United States
- The United Kingdom
• Forecasting of related and influential (global) markets and technologies from 2013-2018, including:
- LTE infrastructure deployment
- Mobile social networking users
- Location-based services revenue
- Mobile cloud services revenue
- VoIP subscriptions and application revenue
- IPTV subscriptions
- Connected car connectivity revenue
- Feature phone and smartphone shipment volumes
- Mobile data traffic forecast
- Mobile health (mHealth) forecast
• 15 leading mobile broadband companies identified, their leading products and corporate strategies profiled:
- Cisco Systems
- LG Electronics
- Nokia Siemens Networks
- Option N.V.
• Study of drivers and restraints on mobile broadband adoption at micro to system level.
• Discussion of the forward-thinking mobile broadband technologies and their potential influence on the development of the market.
• Identification of the trends, companies, nations, governing bodies, and organisations that will shape the proliferation of mobile broadband globally.
• A SWOT analysis of the mobile broadband market 2013-2018
AT&T Puerto Rico
Continuous Computing - Trillium
STC - Saudi Arabia
Telecom Italia (TIM)
Organisations Mentioned in This Report
University of Colorado
Southern Methodist University