Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Big Data is much more than a trendy new IT solution, it is about building a platform to support both operational optimization and new business initiatives. Telecoms operators are definitely in a key position to generate new revenues from such a platform.
The report details the first initiatives of Big Data in telecoms, evaluating the challenges and opportunities for operators as well as the vendor footprint and competition.
With Big Data, the telecoms operators finally have a good opportunity to develop new business models beyond traditional connectivity. Big Data is a concept of the Internet companies, which began analyzing an enormous quantity of data in real time to drive their business decisions.
Telco Big Data is still at a very early stage and operators don't have a full understanding of the business opportunities that it can generate. They will need to work on creating specific tangible applications based on the data they are constantly collecting but not using effectively at the moment.
Big Data is not just some new IT jargon. It is about operators' building a platform to explore their data that will enable them to understand their customers better and generate immense opportunities for new business.
How will this research help:
- Understand how the first telecoms Big Data initiatives are being implemented
- Learn what the challenges and opportunities are in building a Big Data platform
- Identify the different vendors involved in Big Data to help the vendor selection process/decision
- Evaluate the first business applications for telco Big Data.
Companies included in this research:
- Deutsche Telekom
New report format:
- New Report format - designed for sharing - This research is available from our online store either as a hardcopy report or electronic format, featuring a series of PDF files, each designed to provide you with business critical intelligence which is easy to share with your colleagues.
- Julio Püschel, Principal Analyst, Operator Strategies, Informa Telecoms & Media
- Kris Szaniawski, Principal Analyst, Networks, Informa Telecoms & Media
- Paul Lambert, Senior Analyst, Operator Strategies, Informa Telecoms & Media