Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
LTE Spectrum Strategies and Forecasts to 2018 provides a global map of spectrum for LTE network rollouts, identifying current and forecast frequency adoption by operator and country, down to 3GPP band-number level, and analyzing developments in global spectrum availability and licensing.
The report contains detailed and extensive LTE data for 117 countries including subscription forecasts, launch dates and spectrum bands, and coverage forecasts.
As the drive to open up new frequency bands for 4G continues, the global spectrum map is becoming ever more complex. Spectrum re-farming, the emergence of TD-LTE, the growth of support for Band 3 (1800MHz) and Band 28 (APT 700MHZ), along with the addition of more new bands, are all helping to further complicate the picture.
- LTE Spectrum Strategies and Forecasts to 2018: 3rd edition will provide an up-to-date global map of spectrum availability and adoption for LTE network rollouts, both in terms of key data and in graphic format.
Based on detailed country-by-country research, this year, the report for the first time will include detailed forecasts for spectrum licensing down to 3GPP band-number level, including take-up out to 2018 by region and country, and taking into account market size and coverage expectations. Forecast launch dates for LTE, by band number, will be included down to country and operator level.
The report will also analyze developments such as: the continuing growth among operators worldwide of support for Band 3 (1800MHz); the growing commitment by governments and regulators to the Asia Pacific 700MHz band plan (Band 28); and the recent recognition by 3GPP of new bands such as the 450MHz band (designated as Band 31), which is being used by the Brazilian government to develop LTE for the provision of rural services in the country.
- Identify the key bands, by 3GPP band number, that are being adopted for 4G worldwide
- Recognize key bands and band combinations by region, country and operator
- Understand how rapidly the addressable markets will grow for key bands
- Identify the leading candidate bands for LTE global roaming.
- Asia Pacific (developed and developing)
- Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Middle East
- US and Canada
How will this research help you:
- 117 countries in all the major regions: