Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Operators are increasingly using network speeds to differentiate volume-based tiers and subsequently open new monetisation paths for heavy users.
Operators worldwide are advancing LTE roll-outs, and operators in Developed Asia-Pacific, the Nordics and the USA are most advanced. LTE pricing models are still evolving, so examples from other regions can provide operators with a guide on how to sell LTE.
This Viewpoint provides:
- an analysis of the results obtained from Analysys Mason’s benchmarking tool for mobile broadband (MBB) pricing in the second quarter of 2013, which can be downloaded as a separate file and includes pricing information for selected countries in Europe, Developed Asia-Pacific and the USA
- recommendations for operators
- an analysis of the strategies operators use to differentiate their large-screen MBB tariffs
- an insight into the drivers behind changes in entry-level large-screen MBB prices in Western Europe between the fourth quarter 2012 and the second quarter of 2013
- an analysis of the evolution of LTE MBB pricing in Western Europe
- an insight into the relevance of offering unlimited data allowances
- selected MBB tariff examples with each analysis and operator case studies.
The Excel download contains pricing details for mobile broadband subscriptions in the following countries:
Central and Eastern Europe
The following companies are mentioned in this Report.