Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Since its release in 2010, Apple's iPad has been a market leader in this new device category. Keen to mimic Apple's success many companies from internet search giant Google to rival OEMs such as Samsung have launched their own tablets, however Apple still currently hold the majority of the tablet market. Between 2011 and 2012 Apples market share slipped below 50% of the first time, suggesting that fierce competition from rivals may finally topple Apple's dominance. Visiongain has determined that the value of the global tablet market in 2013 will reach $53.6bn.
Key amongst Apple's new rivals are Microsoft who is simultaneously trying to capture market share from apple in both the smartphone and tablet spaces. By mimicking Apple's supply chain model Microsoft are making a clear bid for dominance in the tablet market, but with insignificant sales and market share in 2013, will they have triumphed in 2018?
The report forecasts the tablet market, in detail by region and by price point. The report also analyses 20 leading companies in the tablet space along with information on tablet demographics and consumer usage, and also provides information on vendor and operator strategies for succeeding in the tablet space.
What makes this report unique?
Our reports have a unique blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed opinion. This approach allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind sales developments, as well as identifying the leading companies. The report also presents a unique blend of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global, submarket and national markets forecasts from 2013-2018 - all highlighting strategic business opportunities.
Why you should buy the Global Tablet Market Report 2013-2018: Will Apple Remain the Incumbent?
• 138 pages of comprehensive analysis
• 124 tables, charts, and graphs
• Global tablet market shipment and revenue forecasts between 2013-2018
• Global tablet shipments forecasts from 2013-2018 individually forecast by price-point
- High End
- Mid Range
- Low Cost
• 8 regional tablet market shipments and revenue forecasts between 2013-2018
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
• Each of the 8 regional tablet shipments forecasts from 2013-2018 are individually forecast by price-point
- High End
- Mid Range
- Low Cost
• Tablet Operating System (OS) market share is provided forecast in 2013, 2015 and 2018
• Market share % data is provided for the top 5 tablet manufacturers and forecast in 2013, 2015 and 2018
• 20 leading tablet companies are identified and profiled -
- Barnes and Noble
- Hewlett Packard
- LG Electronics
• A SWOT analysis
• Further supporting data is included for tablet usage -
- User location
- User demographics
- Business use vs. personal use
- Usage times throughout the day.
• Tablet manufacturing pricing data is -
- Cost breakdown of low cost tablets
- Cost breakdown of Apple iPad manufacturing costs vs. profit margin
• Other supporting forecasts are also provided from 2013-2018
- Mobile data traffic forecasts
- Tablet data traffic forecasts
- Tablet penetration rates in developing markets
- Samsung tablet shipments forecast
Barnes and Noble
Matsunichi Digital USA
Research in Motion
Shenzhen Ainol Electronics Company
Organisations Mentioned in This Report
IIT Rajasthan - Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur