Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
A global assessment of the DPI market, assessing the key trends, vendor strategies, the industry’s future roadmap, and providing forecasts for DPI product revenue by region and network type.
Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) is a monitoring technology for IP networks that examines the data components of packets as they pass through inspection points, as well as comparing information across packets to identify the particular application. Heavily commercialised due to regulatory and security concerns over network traffic, DPI products are increasingly gaining popularity as a means of better managing network traffic, whilst maximizing revenue opportunities.
This report provides a global assessment of the DPI market. The research assesses the key market trends, vendor strategies and the industry’s future roadmap, as well as providing forecasts for DPI product revenue by region, access network type (fixed vs. wireless) and eight application use cases from 2013 through to 2018. Historical figures are also provided for 2011 and 2012.
Topics of coverage include:
- DPI business case
- Factors driving the DPI market
- Challenges to the DPI ecosystem
- DPI application use cases and implementation architectures
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Future roadmap of the DPI industry
- Profiles of key DPI software vendors
- Wireless network traffic projections by application and region
- Market sizing and forecast by use case and region
Armadillo Managed Services
Blue Coat Systems
British Sky Broadcasting
France Télécom (Orange)
Hathway Cable & Datacom
Info Protection Solutions
Int. Gateway Distribution
Main Street Broadband
Marlin Equity Partners
Answers and opinions are provided with respect to the following essential questions:
- What are the key use cases of DPI technology in both carrier and private/enterprise networks?
- How will the rising growth of video traffic drive the DPI products market?
- What percentage of DPI product revenue will be spent on video content management and optimisation use cases?
- How severe will be the impact of privacy advocates and the net neutrality debate on the DPI market?
- How much revenue will be spent on DPI solutions for targeted advertising in 2018?
- How does wireless network DPI product revenue compare with spending on DPI products for fixed line networks?
- Which region represents the largest DPI market opportunity?
- How can DPI products benefit Software Defined Networking (SDN)?
- Can DPI help carriers in managing WiFi/small cell offloading and M2M connection management?