Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
The Diameter protocol is an extension of, and replacement for, the renowned Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) protocol for Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA). Driven by the transition from 2G/3G to LTE networks, ARCchart expects DSC product sales to account for nearly $500 million in revenue by the end of 2017, representing a CAGR of nearly 90% over the next four years.
Given its enhanced reliability, scalability, security and flexibility over legacy protocols, Diameter has been chosen as the de-facto signalling protocol in all next generation fixed and mobile IP-based networks, such as IMS and the LTE Evolved Packet Core (EPC) network.
The on-going adoption of signalling intensive applications on smartphones and tablets, such as social networking, is creating a flood of network signalling. Consequently, operators are taking a proactive stance towards managing the signalling tsunami as they plan their future LTE and IMS rollouts. By 2017, ARCchart expects mobile network operators worldwide will process a total of 120 million Diameter messages per second on their networks.
Topics of coverage include:
- History of the Diameter protocol
- The drawbacks of legacy AAA protocols
- Diameter signalling architecture within IMS and EPC
- The need for diameter signalling control functionality
- Factors driving the DSC market
- Challenges to the DSC ecosystem
- DSC product categories and use cases
- DSC industry roadmap
- DSC deployment case study
- Profiles of key DSC product vendors
- Market sizing and forecast
|Hutchison 3G Austria
Orange (France Telecom)
Saudi Telecom Company
Transaction Network Services
Vodafone D2 (Germany)
Answers and opinions are provided with respect to the following essential questions:
- How do modern smartphone applications and battery saving mechanisms impact signalling in LTE and IMS networks?
- Which region will experience the fastest growth in DSC product adoption?
- How will DSC deployments help mobile network operators in preventing signalling storms and outages?
- How will DSC deployments assist with cross-carrier roaming?
- How will LTE and IMS rollouts impact the uptake of DSC products?
- What volume of diameter signalling traffic will VoLTE, video streaming, social network and other network services generate?
- How will VoLTE subscriptions compare with ordinary LTE subscriptions by 2017?
- How many DSC products licenses will be sold in 2017 and how much revenue will these account for?
- Which region represents the largest DSC market opportunity?
- In which region will DSC first gain traction?