Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
- Who supplies these systems?
- What technologies do they use?
- How do they compete?
- What are the technological and competitive trends in this market?
- Is there sufficient manufacturing capacity to meet future demand?
These questions and many more are addressed in Pioneer Consulting’s second edition of this ground-breaking report that was first published in 2005.
This report will appeal to a broad spectrum of readers: for prospective cable owners, there is a comprehensive review of supplier product ranges and capabilities by impartial experts in the field; for investors, there is a clear view of market trends, drivers, and quantitative forecasts; and for suppliers themselves there is an independent assessment of competitor market shares.
The report contains detailed and comprehensive profiles of each supplier, reviewing their history, organization, capabilities, recent supply history, financial status, and product design parameters:
Terminal Equipment for Repeatered Systems
- Design Approach
- Physical Density
- Coding Techniques
- Undersea Supervision
- Operations Support Systems
- Dispersion Compensation
- Protection Mechanisms
Terminal Equipment for Repeaterless Systems
- Output Power
- Receiver Sensitivity
- Maximum Distance
- Distance-Bandwidth Tradeoffs
- Powering Functions
- Optical Functions
- Supervisory Control
- Mechanical Constraints
- Gain Equalization Approach
- Supervisory Technique & Capabilities
- Component Reliability and Availability
- Maximum Fiber Count
- Design Approach
- Maximum Depth
- Mechanical Characteristics
The report also focuses on suppliers' efforts to develop new technologies e.g. 40G which will be available in the next generation of submarine cables and what these new technologies will do for the market e.g. cost reduction, improved efficiency, higher throughput etc.
The report also identifies key trends in the system supply market, such as:
- Demand Drivers and Constraints
- Regional Supply-Demand Forecasts
- Project Financing
- R&D initiatives
- Submarine-Terrestrial Convergence
- Industry Consolidation and Re-Alignment
- Increased Repeaterless Distances
Comparative Supplier Analysis
The Report assesses the offerings of suppliers, calculates market shares, and identifies key capabilities required for success in the repeatered and unrepeatered markets. Since the first edition of this report was published, many aspects of the submarine fiber optic systems supply market have changed quite dramatically. One of the most striking aspects is the level to which new or recent entrants have been able to enter and penetrate this market further.
Companies covered in this report include:
- TE Subcom
- Hitachi Cable