Need advice? Keen to get the best deal? Call now on +44 (0)1494
Informa Telecoms & Media’s new report on content delivery networks (CDNs) assesses the opportunities available to telecoms operators, content providers, traditional CDN providers and other companies in the content delivery market.
Dramatic growth in online video consumption, together with the emergence of cloud computing and the proliferation of new Internet-enabled devices are radically transforming the content delivery network landscape for operators, traditional CDNs and content providers alike.
- Content delivery networks (CDNs) already play a fundamental role in ensuring that the Internet works, supporting almost every major commercial online service in the world. However, the market for CDN services is currently undergoing a major transformation which will radically change the way online services are delivered and broadband networks are built.
The CDN market was traditionally dominated by a tiny handful of companies which provide CDN services via operators’ broadband networks. However, that situation is rapidly changing and the market is now witnessing the emergence of a host of new CDN service providers, most notably, the broadband network operators themselves.
Despite the continued arrival of new market participants, the ability of all of them to profit from CDN services is far from self-evident. Video-delivery costs are low and falling, and many content providers remain skeptical about the actual value of features unique to operator CDNs, such as greater reach and assured quality-of-service.
Informa Telecoms & Media’s new report on CDNs assesses the opportunities available to telecoms operators, content providers, traditional CDN providers and other companies in the content delivery market. It also explores the CDN business models and strategies currently being pursued by a range of market participants. Finally, the report charts the future evolution of the CDN market. It includes a comprehensive set of forecasts which predict how the market will grow in terms of revenues and bandwidth.
How will this research help you:
- Navigate the changes currently shaping the CDN market
- Learn about which CDN business model is the best fit for your business
- Assess competitor positioning and strategies
- Recognize the future opportunities which CDNs offer your business.
Case studies include:
- Limelight Networks
- Level 3
- Tata Communications
- Telecom Argentina
- Telecom Italia
- Western Europe, including France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK
- Eastern Europe, including Russia
- Asia Pacific, including Australia, China, India, Japan and South Korea
- North America, including Canada and the US
- Latin America, including Argentina and Brazil
- Middle East, including Saudi Arabia
- Africa, including South Africa
New report format:
- New Report format - designed for sharing - This research is available from our online store either as a hardcopy report or electronic format, featuring a series of PDF, PPT and XLS files, each designed to provide you with business critical intelligence which is easy to share with your colleagues.