Portio Mobile Factbook 2013
Free Telecoms Market Research Reports
Broadband & Fixed
Handsets & Devices
Information & Communications Technology
Media & Entertainment
Mobile Content & Applications
Networks & Infrastructure
Terms & Conditions
Developing markets like the BRIC economies play host to some of the most exciting and innovative OTT services and content and these offerings are now starting to blossom like never before.
Michael Dean, Research Analyst, Informa Telecoms & Media
- In its profiles of the OTT markets of the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China) countries, Informa analyzes the ways in which new online service providers, content owners, traditional media players and others within these countries are extending their presence through OTT delivery.
OTT (over-the-top) is a term that has been chiefly associated with North American and Western European markets. However, developing markets, like BRIC economies, play host to some of the most exciting and innovative OTT services and content and these offerings are now starting to blossom like never before. The past year in particular has seen an explosion of activity, with a flurry of new OTT services coming to market in these countries.
The BRIC markets are all currently linked by an exciting sense of accelerated development in OTT; however, they are still relatively nascent markets compared with some of their western peers. Additionally, all four are in very different places in terms of their media landscape and demonstrate that there is no single global model that fits all for the deployment and success of OTT services and content. Understanding who the key players and potential partners are within these markets may never be as important as at this early stage.
This report analyzes the OTT landscape of the BRIC markets, assessing them across all areas, from online video and music services to connected-device prices and online advertising spend. The report provides an overview of these increasingly important OTT markets as well as offering analysis of the key opportunities and pitfalls that lie ahead for them.
How will this research help you:
- Understand the key drivers behind the recent launches and growth of OTT video services in the developing BRIC markets.
- Evaluate the entire BRIC OTT marketplace from online video and music services to connected devices’ prices and online advertising spend.
- Weigh up different market conditions looking at the key potential drivers and inhibitors for BRIC OTT services.
- Assess the impact of the new BRIC OTT players on their respective markets.